My personal philosophy is that who I am and what I do is first and foremost determined by what I believe, continuous growth in my faith in God, my family and friends, and my work family and communities where I live and work.
I’m a U.S. Air Force Veteran, enlisting right out of High School as a teen, and it changed my life for the better. I completed an associate and a bachelor’s degree within my first 6 years of service, which set the foundation for my professional growth, post graduate work, and ultimately retire after serving as Senior Analyst and Project Lead with the Defense Intelligence Agency managing Joint Forces projects with data collection, analysis and reporting.
Ten plus years mid and senior level leadership with extensive organizational and program managing skills. Most recent developing and implementing philanthropic and grant making strategies with an equity lens, focusing in supporting nonprofit organizations serving Women, BIPOC and Low- and Moderate-income communities. Leading to impact programs by engaging in Community Development and Revitalization, Impact Investment, including CDFI capacity building and facilitating access to capital programs that include technical assistance, financial education and loan fund servicing for small business and home ownership.
Additional relevant experience in managing IT Projects and leading multiple teams of analysts with Bank Processing platforms. Also, Residential and Commercial Real Estate Sales, Commercial Retail Development, Mortgage Origination, and acquired FINRA securities and insurance product licenses.
Bi-Lingual in Spanish at a professional level proficiency. Speaking, reading, and writing capacity with multicultural business and life experiences in Mexico, Spain, and multiple South America and Caribbean countries.
My current volunteer services include:
- Heartland Family Service, Vice Chair BODs, DEI Racial Equity task force
- Midlands Latino CDC, Chair BODs, CDFI Task Force
- Habitat for Humanity of Omaha, BODs
- United Way of the Midlands, CIRT and DEI Fund
Prior volunteer service.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Community Development Advisory Council
- Nebraska Bankers Association, Foundation Committee.
- Kansas Bankers Association, Committee on Affordable Housing and Community Revitalization.
- Heartland Workforce Solution, BOD, Executive Committee.