This scholarship was established in 2020 for students who support the LGBTQ community, including members of the LGBTQ community and allies of the community, who are in the automotive field. The scholarship was established to honor MCC alumnus, Jonathan (“Jack”) Lee Koenig. Jack obtained his degree from the MCC automotive program and has continued to use his skills for over 15 years. He is now an environmental attorney with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and always has an automotive project going at home. The scholarship is open to all MCC students and can be used for tuition, fees, books, or tools and protective equipment for automotive work.
- Financial need is not required, but may be considered
- Open to students with declared majors in automotive technology or automotive collision repair
- Full- or part-time students at MCC
- Student must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at the time of the application that must be maintained during the scholarship
- Preference to be given to members of the LGBTQ community and allies of the LGBTQ community
Scholarships are usually offered during the spring and fall quarters. Scholarship availability varies depending on donor giving.