The Accounting Professional Certificate of Achievement teaches the principles of accounting, the concepts of payroll and tax preparation, and introduces software utilized in businesses. An accounting professional’s job responsibilities often include recording transactions, preparing deposits, reconciling accounts, tracking customer accounts or vendor payments, processing payroll and preparing financial statements, tax filings and other reports. Students may use this certificate of achievement as a pathway to further education in accounting.
Job & Salary Outlook
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret financial statements in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate business decisions using managerial accounting methods.
- Analyze and prepare transactions and forms for tax filings.
- Analyze business transactions using technology, including QuickBooks.
- Identify the basic principles of economics, marketing, management, business law, and finance.
- Apply ethical reasoning to accounting scenarios.
Degrees & Certificates Offered
The Accounting Professional Certificate of Achievement is a stacked credential that provides students who have completed either the Accounting Specialist Career Certificate and/or the Tax Specialist Career Certificate the opportunity to path forward toward completion of their Accounting Associate in Applied Science (ACAAS).
Find quarter class schedules
For more information contact:
Academic Focus Area (AFA) Business Navigators and Advisors