Faculty and Staff are encouraged to recommend SAC candidates by filling out the Candidate form .
Students interested in serving on the Student Advisory Council (SAC) may access Student Advisory Council's myHub site at myhub.mccneb.edu and search for Student Advisory Council. SAC Candidate applications are now being accepted until October 10, 2023 for the upcoming
December 2023 - November 2024 term.
What is a Student Advisory Council?
The Student Advisory Council was established to enhance communication between students and the College. Members are elected in the fall to represent each MCC location. SAC also elects a student ex-officio to attend monthly MCC Board of Governors meetings.
- Receive two written recommendation from staff/faculty
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing for at least
- six credit hours.
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Not employed by MCC other than in a federal work-study capacity.
- Remain enrolled for at least six credit hours during each quarter (excluding summer quarter) during the term of the Student Advisory Council.
Expectations for Members
- Be a role model
- Attend monthly meetings
- Be available to represent fellow students.
- Help with welcome week activities each quarter.
What can a Student Advisory Council member expect?
- Develop personal leadership talents
- Brainstorm solutions to challenges
- Network and build relationships
- Collaborate with SAC team to accomplish SAC goals
Student Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors
The student ex-officio serves on the MCC Board of Governors to enhance the flow of communication and information among students, the Board of Governors, and the college administration. This individual provides updates at the monthly board meetings regarding student interests and issues to the Student Advisory Council members.
The student ex-officio member of the Board of Governors is elected annually for a one-year term from among the members of the newly elected college-wide Student Advisory Council.
Expectations for Student Ex Officio Member of the Board of Governors (BOG)
- The student ex-officio is elected by the Student Advisory Council to represent the student body.
- An ex-officio member sits with the BOG to offer a report and participate in discussions of agenda items.
- The student ex-officio must be able to attend the monthly Board of Governors meetings, which are normally held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m., as well as special meetings and retreats.
Privileges of the Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors?
Read the privileges of an ex-officio member of the Board of Governors.
Contact email@example.com for more information.