Skip to main content
Changes ahead
Some pages will look different than others as we modernize to bring you an even better website.

Tax Information

MCC International Students
Dear F-1 international student, 

It is important to be aware that, as a nonresident in the US, you’re legally required to file a tax return if you received US income during 2023 by the 15 April 2024 deadline.  Even if you didn’t work or receive income in the US, you’re still obliged to file a Form 8843 with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) (US government tax agency). 

Metropolitan Community College has arranged discounted access to Sprintax for you. Sprintax will guide you through the tax preparation process, arrange the necessary documents and check if you’re due a tax refund. 

Sprintax was used by over 250,000 international students, scholars and nonresidents last year, and the average Federal refund received by eligible students was over $1,000. 

All you need to do is: 


Register and follow 

the simple instructions 

Complete the online 


Enter your unique code: 5MCC15F23 in the box
on the ‘Review your order’ page 

Sprintax will prepare 

your tax return 


Once you complete the preparation process in the Sprintax software, you may need to print, sign and mail your documents to the IRS. Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to E-file your Federal tax return. However, this will depend on certain eligibility criteria. You can learn more about eligibility in this Sprintax blog - 

If you have a state filing requirement, you must also mail this to the tax authorities. 

Finally, if you did not earn US income in 2023, then you may only need to file Form 8843. You can fill out Form 8843 yourself without Sprintax, if you prefer. It is a relatively simple form to complete.

If you have any questions, the Sprintax team will be happy to help via their 24/7 Live Chat

Attached upcoming Sprintax webinars and directions on how to navigate the tax software.

Please note that you may file your tax forms yourself and not with Sprintax, if you choose. Also, Int'l Student Services cannot give tax advice; hence, we are connecting you with Sprintax as a resource.