Skip to main content
Changes ahead
Some pages will look different than others as we modernize to bring you an even better website.

Frequently Asked Questions by Transfer F-1 Applicants

Application Questions

  1. What documents are required for the application process?
    Please go to Admission Forms and click on “Application Directions & Supplement Items”.
  2. Is there an application fee?
    No, there is no application fee.
  3. Do you accept applicants with terminated SEVIS records?
    Yes, if you have not exceeded five months from the date your SEVIS record was terminated. We recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney regarding your reinstatement process.
  4. What happens if I miss the deadline?
    You may send an email to and request your application to be deferred to the next available quarter.
  5. If I already have insurance, do I need to enroll in MCC’s insurance?
    Yes, F-1 students are required to have the health insurance provided by MCC. The only exception is if your country is sponsoring your insurance.
  6. What if I don’t have an I-94?
    You may access your I-94 at US Customs and Border Protection's I-94 page. If you came to the US and went through a machine border, then you won’t get an I-94. Let us know, and we will waive it from your application.
  7. What can I do if I don’t remember my password?
    Go to the login and click on “Forgot Password” and follow the directions.
  8. Can I make changes to my application once I have submitted it?
    Please contact us at to discuss the changes you need.
  9. Can I submit multiple bank statements?
    Yes, as long as the bank statements total the amount stated on the Financial Affidavit.
  10. Can I have more than one sponsor?
    Yes, and each sponsor must provide an official original bank statement and sign a Financial Affidavit.
  11. What if I don’t have an EAD card?
             Please email us at, and we will remove the requirement from your application.

Transcripts and Transferring In Credits

  1. How can I send my official transcript?
    Request an official electronic transcript to be sent from your other college or university to be emailed directly to International Student Services at
  2. May I transfer my credits to MCC?
    Yes. MCC’s Registrar's Office reviews transcripts and determine which credits can be transferred in.
  3. What if I don’t have grades because I am taking ESL classes?
    Please provide an unofficial transcript or a class schedule in order for ISS to have an idea of the classes you are in. Please upload the information in your online account. 
  4. What if I don’t have a transcript because I didn’t finish my first semester yet?
    Please upload your current schedule and email us at to let us know when your first semester will be over.

Accuplacer Placement Test

  1. May I take the Accuplacer test at my current school?
    You will not need to take it through your current school. ISS will give you directions to take our free, remote test through MCC's Testing Center on your own computer.
  2. When can I take the Accuplacer test?
    ISS will connect you with the Testing Center as soon as your application is complete and you have an MCC student number.
  3. Do I need to take the Accuplacer test if I am already taking English classes at my current school?
    Maybe. If you have taken college-level English credit classes, you may not need to take our Accuplacer test. Order your official transcript to ISS at for review.

General Questions

  • Can I just take some classes at MCC and not transfer?
    Yes, you may apply as a transient/visiting F-1 student. You will not need to work with International Student Services. You will work with Enrollment Services and a Success Navigator. Please follow the steps at Registration Information.
  • When will I get an I-20 from MCC?
    You will get an I-20 after your current institution transfers your SEVIS record to us. After you submit your documents to ISS, you will get your I-20 20 from ISS.
  • Do you have on-campus housing?
    No, MCC doesn’t offer on-campus housing.
  • What kind of academic programs does MCC offer?
    MCC offers certificate of achievement*, associate degree programs, and English as a Second Language. *F-1 students may not declare career certificates.
  • When may I apply for a job?
    Once you become a student at MCC, and if you have an active SEVIS record, you can apply for on-campus jobs.
  • Does MCC provide social security numbers?
    No, MCC does not issue social security number. As soon as you are an active student, you may apply for an on-campus job. If you get a job offier, then you may apply to Social Security for a social security number. Directions are available at MCC's Social Security Number information page.