1. Make-up/Retake Exam Information:
Effective November 30th, 2021: Instructors are responsible for proctoring make-up and retake exam(s) for their students.
Testing Services will assist in exam proctoring for individual students who have missed an in-class exam due to a justifiable circumstance after an instructor has exhausted all other options outside of utilizing Testing Services. Students and Faculty should be aware of their responsibilities in using MCC's Testing Centers. Students' responsibilities can be found on the Student Testing Policy page.
(See information below for student's with an approved academic accommodations that require the use of the testing center.)
Options to support student make-up/retake exams outside of Testing Services:
- Students will coordinate make-up/retake exams to be proctored directly by their instructor outside of class.
- Students will continue to use Respondus Monitor and Mylab math with access to technology.
2. In order to ASSIST Students with academic accommodations:
Faculty may submit to the Testing Center an exam (initial, make-up, or retake exam) for students with an approved academic accommodation that cannot be met during the regular class period.
The student may schedule their class exam any day, (Monday - Friday) the campus Testing Center is available, in order to better align with their class exam schedule. (testing center hours of operation) The student should inform the Testing
Standard policy is still followed. Instructors submit the exam with the electronic submission mailbox before the student’s scheduled appointment. Exams must have a due date of within 2 weeks of submission. Exams marked “end of quarter”, “last day of class” will be returned.
3. Instructions for the use of the Testing Center:
If an instructor and student have exhausted all options for the instructor to proctor the exam then the instructor may submit the student's test to the Testing Center.
- Proctoring for a make-up or retake exams is available by appointment on Mondays (9:00am-6:00pm) or Thursdays (9:00am-6:00pm).
- Sarpy Testing Center is available Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00am-6:00pm
- Walk-in/same day proctoring is at the discretion of attending testing center staff and may not be available.
- Students with an approved academic accommodation may schedule any day the Testing Center is available, Monday - Friday.
- The due date of the exam should be with in 2 weeks of submission to the Testing Center.
- Exams may not have due dates stating, "End of Quarter", "Last day of class". Exams marked “end of quarter”, “last day of class” will be returned.
- The Testing Center does not proctor exams to an entire class if an instructor is absent from class.
4. Student Requirements:
- Instructors are not authorized to make a student's appointment or vouch for their student’s identification.
- Students are held responsible to schedule their own exam appointments and to provide valid identification.
- All proctored exams require students to have a current valid government or state photo ID or a MCC Student issued photo ID card. Expired, photocopies, photos, or electronic snapshots are not valid ID and can not be accepted.
5. Additional Notes:
- Testing Center staff will inform students about any stated time limits, and the time of the exam's start and completion are documented. It is not always possible to strictly enforce the time limits.
- Cheating will be enforced in accordance with the Student Conduct and Discipline Procedures Memorandum. If testing staff observe prohibited behaviors or use of unauthorized materials by test-taking students, they will document the behavior and notify the instructor by sending the instructor an incident report.
- It is a conflict of interest for Testing Center staff to "hand out" or "collect" any class related material before or after an exam, such as assignments or class notes.
- The Testing Center staff will direct students to Student Services to turn in any class materials not related to their exam.
MCC testing centers
Elkhorn Valley Testing Center
MCC Email: email@example.com
Campus Phone Number: 531-622-1278
Fort Omaha Testing Center
MCC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Phone Number: 531-622-2204
Fremont Area Center
MCC Email: email@example.com
Campus Phone Number: 531-622-3000
Sarpy Testing Center
MCC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Phone Number: 531-622-3803
South Omah Testing Center
MCC Email: email@example.com
Campus Phone Number: 531-622-4613