Newest HLC Student Resource:
This is a collection of questions and answers for people exploring higher education is an avenue to communicate information in which students of all ages may not know how, who or why to ask. The goal is to create a continuously growing student resource for all ages, providing information that they need.
What is accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary evaluation of colleges and universities. It compares the college to established standards and is conducted by a reviewing agency. The college's is periodically reevaluated to ensure it continues to align with the established standards. If not, an accredited college can lose its accreditation.
MCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
In January 2023, MCC's institutional accreditation was reaffirmed by the Higher Learning Commission through the 2032-2033 academic year.
- All college programs are approved by the Nebraska State Department of Education for veterans' educational benefits.
- The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs are approved by the Nebraska Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 95044, Lincoln, NE 68509.
- Insurance courses are approved by the Nebraska Department of Insurance, 941 O Street, P.O. Box 82089, Lincoln, NE 68501-2089.
- Real Estate courses are approved by the Nebraska Real Estate Commission, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 94667, Lincoln, NE 68509.
Program Accreditation And Certification
In addition to institutional accreditation, the accrediting bodies of various professional associations approve many MCC educational programs. Other programs are certified, registered or recommended.
- The Accounting and Business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 11520 W. 119th St., Overland Park, KS 66213
- ACBSP - https://www.acbspsearch.org/
- The Associate Degree Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326
- The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs are approved by the Nebraska Board of Nursing. Nebraska Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 94986, Lincoln, NE 68509-4986
- The Auto Collision Technology programs are accredited by the ASE Education Foundation.
- The Automotive Technology Program is an NC3 partner, accredited by the ASE Education Foundation, and a member of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CAP Local.
- The Culinary Arts and Management programs are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEF).
- The Diesel Technology program is accredited by the ASE Education Foundation, is an NC3 partner, offers NC3 certifications and is a Daimler Trucks North America Get Ahead Program.
- The Certified Financial Planning Certificate of Achievement in personal financial planning is a registered program with Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- The Financial Counseling Career Certificate is a registered program with the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE).
- The Health Data and Information Management program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- The Human Resources Specialist Career Certificate is a certified Associate Professional in Human Resources APHR® Program and is approved by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI).
- The Human Services (general) program is accredited by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE).
- The Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
- The Paralegal program is approved by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegals.
- The Emergency Medical Services Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
- The Precision Machine Technology program offers National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIIMS) credentials.
- Real Estate courses are approved by the Nebraska Real Estate Commission. All online real estate courses are approved by the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO).
- The Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- The Toyota T-TEN program is an approved Toyota and Lexus Technical Training Certification program by Toyota Motor Sales.