The Language and Literacy Center (LLC) supports English language learners on their pathway to academic and career success. ESL support services are available to English language learners at any level, whether they are enrolled in MCC's ESL program or are taking general education or major courses.
Language & Literacy Center Services
ESL Help with Coursework
- English (ESL) grammar, reading, writing, listening, vocabulary, presentations, conversation, and pronunciation help
- Study skills, homework, and test preparation
English Conversation Practice
- Increase your confidence speaking and understanding English.
- Practice pronunciation and listening skills.
Reading and vocabulary learning
- Reading assistance with textbooks, research articles, and homework assignments
- Learn how to learn new vocabulary
Winter Quarter 2023 Hours
South Omaha Campus, Connector Building, Room 205
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Fridays: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
No appointment necessary.
Language & Literacy Center Online
Afternoon, evening, Friday, and Saturday appointments and drop-in assistance are available via the LLC Online. For drop-in assistance and to create and join online appointments, click the AccuCampus tile on the Student Links page.
South Omaha Campus, Mahoney Commons
Mondays and Wednesdays: 4:00PM - 6:00PM
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3:00PM - 5:00PM
By appointment only.
To make an appointment, click the AccuCampus
tile on the Student Links page.
Note to users of screen readers: Below is a widget for the Language and Literacy Center Instagram page.
Language and Literacy Center Goals
- Provide students who are learning English with language support and academic coaching services
- Collaborate with college faculty to integrate English language learner support into general education and program-area instruction
- Encourage interactions among English learners and peers, staff, and faculty to improve student engagement, learning and persistence
- Facilitate transitions of ELLs from high school or noncredit ESL through credit ESL and developmental coursework to college-level coursework and to their career or transfer programs