This scholarship was established in 2004 in honor of Jordan Lee Whitney and to support students majoring in any degree program at MCC. Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees and books.
Jordan Lee Whitney was a 15 year old who had a dream to start taking community college classes at age 14 in lieu of traditional high school. He dreamed of completing his associate degree along with high school equivalency. His goal was to continue his education at UNO. Jordan loved his experience at MCC and had completed one year at the time of his death.
- Financial need may be considered but is not required
- Preference to students who participated in home schooling
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Majoring in an associate degree or certificate program at MCC
- Pursuing an Apprenticeship Program (Electrical or Plumbing), Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT), or Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA)
- High school student in developmental classes or above
- Exhibit a high degree or moral character and good citizenship as indicated in a letter of reference from a clergy member, high school teacher or counselor, or civic organization
Scholarships are usually offered during the spring and fall quarters. Scholarship availability varies depending on donor giving.